Thursday, October 23, 2008

My recent vacation....


I recently took a week's vacation to Western Oregon and had a great time. This is a sunset I took at Newport. Very nice.

Of course, I enjoyed the wonderful fall colors while visiting Silver Falls by Salem.

Another shot at the beach. It was very cold and windy, but didn't seem to bother the birds on shore.

While traveling down, I stopped above Hood River at a fruit stand and captured this photo of Mt. Hood.

I had never been in a lighthouse before so I got to climb to the top of Yaquia Lighthouse and get the speel on the light and all. Quite interesting.

While in Mt. Angel, I visited the Abby. This is a photo I took of the bells. They ring at certain intervals....it was quiet, beautiful, and very moody! I loved it.
I did get to visit with my brother and his wife. They are so much fun to be around! Great times....great memories!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your photos. Loved hearing about your trip too. Wow.