Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Fun!!!



What can be said about this photo? My mom was a "champion" mushroom hunter and she always said "You know you are getting close to the mushrooms when you can smell them!" Ha! Tiah showed me how close we were to mushrooms! I tell you, I had the most awesome Mother's Day that I have ever had in my entire life. My girls made it so very special for me!!!! I was at home Sunday morning when at about 9am here comes Tiah and the kiddies all dressed up to hunt mushrooms and were ready to hit the hills. Well, it didn't take me long to get ready for the day! I cooked everyone bacon and eggs and then off we went to the Blue Mountains! Calli and her family joined us in the mountains and it did not take us long to find calf brain mushrooms. Of course, my favorite is the morel, but we only found a few of those! Actually, I think Dave was the only one who found the morels. It has been a tradition of mine to have Mother's Day lunch at the cafe in Meacham. I just loved their greasy hamburgers!Well, this year they were closed!!! We were all very hungry so we decided to head for LaGrande and eat KFC there. After our lunch we then shopped through a neat nursery in LaGrande and then back to home. Thanks Tiah and Calli for making my day so much fun!

Megan found a mushroom!

Briley and Taylor enjoyed throwing rocks down a ravine.

We did a little 4-wheeling! Calli and Tiah were having a blast in the back of Sonny's pickup!

Now, don't you think she is about the cutest little mushroom picker you have ever seen. I just love Miss Raegan's hat! It is so becoming!!!

I love this photo of Calli and Raegan.

Tiah and Dave at the Squaw Creek overlook. Just beautiful, isn't it?!!!

Here is the whole bunch. Boy, I just love them all! Thanks everyone...it was so much fun to be together on such a special day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a lucky woman! Beautiful family.