Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patrick's Day at the Rainbow!


The "shortest parade in history" crosses Main Street from Hamley to the Rainbow on St. Patrick's Day! The parade was led by the town mayor, Phillip Houk! This parade is always early @ 7 a.m., but with the early time change this year, it was almost in the dark!!


Here the crowd anxiously awaits the parade and the proclamation so the festivities can begin inside the Rainbow.


I couldn't resist taking a photo of some of the patrons in the Rainbow on St. Patrick's Day. Boy, if you haven't experienced a St. Patrick's Day morning at the Rainbow....you have missed out!


I gathered up the crew for a photo shoot. Don't they look like they are going to have a great day! You couldn't help but smile as you entered the Rainbow.


Here is the inside of the Rainbow before the parade. Everyone is having a "toddy" or eating breakfast as they await the parade. Believe me, by the afternoon...you have to wedge your way inside this place!
I'm so glad I made it to the event this year. I sure was hoping that the Chamber Girls would join me, but they must have slept in. Maybe next year! Hope your St. Paddy's Day was full of green fun! See ya next year!!!!

4 comments:

A.S.K.-P. said...

Looks like fun Trini!

Nicki said...

Hey cuz!
I promise you....had I been in town, I would have been with you! I've always heard about the Rainbow Room on St. Paddy's Day and thx to you I got to experience it! Wish I could have been there in person!
Nicki

Melisa Jo said...

I've lived in Pendleton 8 years this month and have never been brave enough to attend the Rainbow festivities. Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing your pictures Trini.

Briana said...

Man, I miss that. Last year was good fun. Thanks for letting me enjoy it second-hand. :-)