Saturday, June 28, 2008

Alice in Wienerland Dog Races June 27th


The second annual Alice in Wienerland Races were held on Main Street of Pendleton, Friday, June 27th and were enjoyed by hundreds of folks. This is an annual "fun"d raising event for the Childrens' Museum of Eastern Oregon. Here the owners are coaxing their "racers" down the home stretch!

This photo was taken at the starting gate. Just another view of the fun.

It was fun to watch people trying to get their dogs to cross the finish line first. Some had squeakers and one even had one of the dog's pups! Now, that's thinkin'.

Check out the happy owners as their pick up their pets. Looks like the blonde gal hasn't coaxed her dog to the finish line yet.

This was the final race. Boy....look at them run!


These are the two I mentioned earlier...the one dog went crazy for his squeaker toy and the other dog just wanted it's pup. Clever of the owners, huh?
Here is a "happy" crowd shot. I couldn't believe all the people that come out for this event. Looks like the CMEO has a winner itself!

Happy owners.
I was so glad I went to see this for myself. Last year I missed it and was really sorry. I'm sure I will be in the crowd again next year as the event will even get bigger and better.


No comments: