Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tuesday Night at PBR...


I don't know how many of you have gone to the R-Up or PBR and know who Flint Rasmussen is. He is a wonderful, energetic, funny entertainer....one of the best! Here he is signing a little boy's cowboy hat. They were sitting in the box right next to us.

This is the beginning of PBR last night. It was super....lots of fireworks (more than Monday night) and much more of a production than Monday, also.

It was fun being in the front row to view this, but our only problem was...the fencing. It was in our way most of the time and we had to "hunker down" to see what was happening. I don't think I would want to purchase these particular tickets ever again...just because of the fencing.


I did get some great shots of Flint as he was singing the "Pendleton Round-Up" song.

He is a real crowd pleaser.

The announcer was popping out some song titles and Flint would act it out. Well, here he is doing the "Titanic"...it was so funny! You just had to be there.

I had a hard time getting action shots as the lighting was so low...it made me have to use a slower shutter speed than I would normally like to use...thus, I didn't have sharp, focused photos. This bull fell with the rider right in front of where we were sitting. He was hurting quite a bit, but made it out of the arena with two guys helping him. I don't think I would ever let my son, brother, uncle or whatever... be a bull rider. Well, that is it for today. Ticket sales have been brisk at the Chamber. All the Chamber girls did lunch from the Thai vendor on Main Street. Mmmmm, quite tasty! See ya later! Let'er Buck!!!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Ok, now this event I would go to....I'd still root for the bulls, though. At least I know they aren't being mistreated too much. Did you see where Ty Murray and Jewel got married? I loved watching him ride, especially since Matt knew him....made it kind of neat.