Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fire in the Hills!

Yes, Pendleton had quite an exciting day on Tuesday, Sept. 18th. A fire broke out near Reith and the winds took it over fields to McKay Creek. These photos were taken the morning after the fire and there were trees still smoldering! I think the folks who live in the blackened area have lots to be thankful for as no one lost their home, just a few out buildings! I guess 2, 650 acres were consumed. You can check out a slideshow of the fire on www.eonow.com







2 comments:

Ronda said...

Great pictures...very scary being so close as I watched kids so our friends could go evacuate! Very thankful for sure!!

Melisa Jo said...

I had a bird's eye view of the fire as I watched from our office window at the airport. It reminded me of a fire in Montana when my Dad and I were evacuating the house and moving the farm equipment. It's a scary feeling.