Monday, September 24, 2007

Welcome Visitors on Sunday!

Beau and Briley....being boys!

Sunday was so much fun! My daughter, Calli, called on Sunday morning and had the day free so she and my grandson, Briley, came over for the day. It was great having Calli here to visit with. Her extended family is so happy to have her family back in Oregon (they just moved back from Southern California)! With her here, she can hop over(it only takes a two hour drive), spend the day, and return home! We love it!

When she was here I cooked her favorite meal...fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, salad and some sweet corn. Oh yes, we topped the whole thing off with fresh peach pie and ice cream! I know, I know, there are tons of points in this food, but we all deserved to treat ourselves!

Tiah and I took Calli down to Hamley so she could see how beautiful the new restaurant is. We didn't dine there, but did wander around and checked everything out. Calli was very impressed. The coffee shop at Hamley was next on our list. We checked out all the neat stuff you can purchase there and got some great gift ideas. Then, on to the store! We fell in love with many, many beautiful clothes, tack, (I told Calli she needed some tack! Oh yes, she has to get her horse first! Ha!)!!! We had lots of fun, then headed back up to my house for some visiting. The cousins, Briley and Beau, spent a great afternoon enjoying each other's company. Thanks, Calli, for coming over and sharing your day with ours! We loved having you!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

When is dinner? I will be right over! So glad for you that family can call up and come on over!

Melisa Jo said...

It's great to have family close!!!