Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday...Westward Ho! Parade Day

This morning's parade began with this sight! Isn't it awesome! I always get the chills when I see the colors go by in a parade. What a sight....love it!
This is the horse they use at the Happy Canyon Pageant when they do the Star Spangled Banner. He is awesome! We watched him at PBR this year and he is sooooo regal! It brought tears to my eyes.
This entry has always been a favorite of mine. Actually, this parade has always been my favorite! I remember this same type entry in the Westward Ho! Parade when I was a small child. It is a crowd pleaser that's for sure. The weather was perfect and the streets were lined with very, very happy folks. Hope everyone is having a GREAT Round-Up! Let'er Buck! ....and on to Saturday!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Thanks for these great pictures, Trin! Boy, did they bring back memories....what a magnificent horse!

I've been watching Ty Murrary's Celebrity Bull Riding and it also makes me a little homesick for R-Up. I don't mind the bull riding because I don't think the animals are abused as much....it's still a toss-up for me as to who I'm rooting for: the bull or the rider. I always root for Ty, though, or did when he was riding. I think you knew he went to school with Matt and actually dated Sherry before Matt did. Small world.....Matt always liked him, though...even though he was strictly a cowboy back then, too. A really nice guy, according to Matt and Sherry.

The parades were always my favorite part, along with the Happy Canyon dances and the stuff going on down Main Street each night. I hope to make it to at least one more R-Up in my lifetime. It is so fun to see it through you pictures!

N.

Ronda said...

Beautiful pictures Trini!